This article will give you all the tips and tricks you need to take the perfect selfie with ID.
What is a selfie with ID?
A selfie with ID is a photograph of you holding your South African ID book or card. It’s used as a security measure to ensure you are who you say you are.
What makes a good selfie with ID?
- Your face and ID are fully in focus
- If you zoom in all the details on your ID are legible
- Your face is fully in frame
- The image is not mirrored
How do I take a good selfie with ID?
Here are some tips for getting the perfect selfie with ID:
- Hold your ID book or card directly below your chin or next to, and in line with, your face.It’s important that your ID is held at the same depth as your face, so that your camera focuses correctly on your face and your ID.
- Ensure your full face is in the frame and no part is cut off or blocked by your ID.
- Ensure your fingers or hands aren’t covering any information on your ID.
- If possible, ask someone else to take a photo of you.
- If you’re taking the photo yourself, ensure that the image isn’t mirrored.
- Once the photo has been taken double check that all the information on the ID is in focus and legible.